- Start from 1 October of the year
- Duration: 3 years
- A standard form is presented on the Doctoral College website
Article 5 of Decree No. 2009-464 of 23 April 2009 on contractual doctoral students in public higher education or research institutions stipulates that "the service of the contractual doctoral student may be devoted exclusively to research activities related to the preparation of the doctoral degree or include, in addition to these research activities, an annual service equal to one-sixth of the annual working time fixed by the above-mentioned decree of 25 August 2000, and devoted to the following activities:
- teaching within the framework of a pedagogical team, for a service equal to no more than one third of the annual reference teaching service for teacher-researchers, as defined in Article 7 of the above-mentioned Decree of 6 June 1984;
- dissemination of scientific and technical information
- the exploitation of the results of scientific and technical research
- expertise missions carried out in a company, a local authority, an administration, a public institution, an association or a "foundation ".