The Chateaubriand Fellowship call for applications is now open: http://chateaubriand-fellowship.org
Complete applications must be submitted by January 8, 2019.
- STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Health
The Chateaubriand Fellowship in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Biology-Health for doctoral students aims to initiate or reinforce collaborations, partnerships or joint projects between French and American research teams. The Chateaubriand Fellowship supports PhD students registered in an American university who wish to conduct part of their doctoral research in a French laboratory.
This fellowship is offered by the Office for Science & Technology (OST) of the Embassy of France in the United States in partnership with universities and research organizations in France and the United States. It is a partner of the National Science Foundation’s GROW program.
- Candidates must be currently working on their Ph.D.
- Candidates do not have to be U.S. citizens, but they must be enrolled in an American university.
- Candidates must obtain a letter of recommendation from their advisor(s) in the U.S., as well as a letter of invitation from a professor affiliated with a French university or research institution. Please contact your supervisor in France as early as possible.
For more specific eligibility criteria please visit our website.
- A monthly stipend,
- Health insurance for the entire duration of the fellowship
- A round-trip ticket to France
- Academic relevance of the research project
- Student's command of the subject
- Benefits of a research trip to France for the future of the collaboration
- Background of the research collaboration
- Contribution of the project to France/U.S. academic exchange
STEM Chateaubriand Program:
HSS Chateaubriand Program:
WEBSITE & APPLICATION